If you ever needed another reason to eat cereal, here’s one more. In what can only be dubbed “the best idea ever,” DC Entertainment and General Mills are partnering DC’s most powerful superheroes with some your favorite cereal brands, to give you the ultimate in “cereal entertainment.” Although “cereal entertainment” might not be an actual theme, the cereal box covers, as well as the four original custom comic books featuring DC’s Justice League characters inside them, will definitely be something you will want to check out.
The cereal boxes will be designed by many of today’s best DC artists:
- Honey Nut Cheerios’ BuzzBee as BATMAN with art by Dave Johnson
- Lucky Charms’ Lucky the Leprechaun as GREEN LANTERN with art by Joe Quinones
- Cocoa Puffs’ Sonny the Bird as THE FLASH with art by Karl Kerscher
- The Trix Rabbit as SUPERMAN with art by Amanda Conner
- Multi Grain Cheerios featuring WONDER WOMAN on the cover with art by Neal Adams
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch (available exclusively in Family Size) featuring the Crazy Squares as AQUAMAN, CYBORG, and GREEN LANTERN with art by Tony Daniel
DC fans will want to collect all of the cereal boxes to piece together a Justice League five-part mural on the back of each box penciled by Ivan Reis with inks by Joe Prado and colors by Marcelo Maiolo.
The four original, 24-page comics from DC’s Custom Creative Studio include:
- SUPERMAN: POWER PLAY written by Tony Bedard, penciled by Jerry Ordway
- BATMAN: DARK REFLECTIONS written by Fabian Nicieza, penciled by Rick Leonardi
- WONDER WOMAN: TRUTH HURTS written by Ivan Cohen, penciled by June Brigman
- AQUAMAN: ALIEN JUSTICE written by Tony Bedard, penciled by Tom Grummett
“We’re excited to bring DC’s Justice League to a broad new audience on the cereal aisle with Big G,” stated Kelly Li, DC Custom Creative + Advertising. “This is just another example of how our team can bring top notch comic talent together to tell original stories with DC characters and organically incorporate top tier brands like General Mills.”