Six Flags Discovery Kingdom has unveiled an exciting, new roller coaster inspired by and titled after The Joker that will be open and ready to ride in Spring of 2016.
“The Joker will be the most talked about new coaster in 2016,” said Don McCoy, park president, in a press release. “We are excited to introduce this innovative technology that marries the best of both classic and modern coaster designs to offer our guests an unparalleled and unique experience.”
With the design inspired by The Joker’s unpredictable, the coaster features chaotic twists and turns, including a first ever “step-up under-flip inverted roll” that takes riders horizontal, and a “fake-out” with a unique breaking wave turn, the only one of its kind on the West Coast.
Here are some of the details about The Joker:
- 3,200 feet of dual-colored purple and green track
- A wild Zero-G barrel roll
- 3 inversions
- 15 extreme airtime moments
- Maximum speed of 53 mph
You can check out some digitally made images of the rollercoaster below:
As if this weren’t enough, Six Flags Over Georgia has announced today that they will be opening a DC Super Friends themed area of the park as well as a neighboring area they titled Bugs Bunny Boomtown in 2016. These two new additions to the park will feature 12 rides and attractions.
“These two new sections of the park will offer families hours and hours of fun with attractions mom, dad and the kids can experience together,” said Park President Dale Kaetzel in a press release. “This latest expansion continues our multi-year plan to provide thrills for guests of all ages and includes the addition of Hurricane Harbor in 2014, two new devious rides in Gotham City in 2015 and other additions planned for the future.”
The DC Super Friends area will feature five attractions:
- Superman Tower of Power, which releases the dare devil in the bravest of souls throughout this 65-foot tall bouncing thrill ride
- The Batcopters, an opportunity to help save the City of Gotham by flying high in the sky;
- Wonder Woman Flight School, where pilots can take flight and control their own invisible jet;
- Harley Quinn Mirror Maze, filled with disproportioned mirrors and devious stares
- The Joker Funhouse Coaster, the ultimate family thrill ride to show no fear and conquer the Super-Villain through 900 feet of track at 30 miles per hour.
Bugs Bunny Boomtown will feature seven attractions:
- Daffy Ducks Bucket Blasters, a wild and crazy family water battle;
- Speedy Gonzales Speed Boats, where guests will be screaming “Andale Andale” on six speed boats;
- Bugs Bunny High Sea Adventure, a chance to fly through the air on a junior sea-worthy quest;
- Yosemite Sam’s Wacky Wagons, an old western spin on a junior ferris wheel perfect for junior cowpokes
- Looney Tunes Adventure Camp, an interactive playground with Bugs Bunny and all the Looney Tunes characters;
- Acme Trucking Company, a monster truck driving voyage to help Wile E. Coyote try to capture the Road Runner
- Tweety’s Tweehouse, a 20-foot up and down journey into the little chirping bird’s nest.
Bugs Bunny Boomtown is scheduled to open for the 2016 season in early spring and the DC Super Friends themed area is scheduled to open Memorial Day weekend.
Check out some images of the new attractions below:
Source(s): Comic Book