Heroes & Villains FanFest Comes to London May 27th and 28th
In 2015, Arrow star Stephen Amell along with James Frazier – creator of horror event Walker Stalker Con – came up with the idea for a different kind of convention. The two men, who are fans themselves, wanted to create an intimate, less retail orientated and more fan and family focused event.
So The Heroes & Villains FanFest was born.
Since then they have toured the length and breadth of America; hosting events in Chicago, Portland, Nashville, New York, Atlanta and San Jose. In 2017 they will be adding to their list of American conquests by visiting New Jersey, as well as starting their global invasion by gracing The Olympia in London. This is one of the most prestigious and famous event arenas in the United Kingdom.
According to the press release, HVFF is:
An event that is revolutionizing the fan experience and convention landscape.
Fan access to celebrity guests will be the primary focus of this event, which includes two days of immersive experiences and memories.
Walker Stalker Con has become an incredibly popular convention, offering something for everyone from the die-hard fan… to families… to those with a growing interest in the genre. More than 20 of the most popular actors from shows and films such as Arrow, Supergirl, The Flash, Gotham and more will speak to the audience, meet fans, pose for photos and sign autographs (see full list)*. Attendees can also participate in a range of engaging and unique activities, including:
● Panel sessions led by stars from some of television’s most popular shows.
● Interactive “hero-style” games on the Con floor, fun for the entire family.
● Cosplayers roam the event floor, making for memorable interactive experiences.
● Vendors who deal in comic, entertainment, and other genres and industries.
A Star Studded Event
The list of guests is truly spectacular for every HVFF event, and London is no different. More than 20 of the most popular actors from shows and movies will be appearing. In London, attendees will be treated to sessions with some of the stars from:
● ARROW: Stephen Amell (“Oliver Queen/Green Arrow”), John Barrowman (“Malcolm Merlyn”), Katie Cassidy (“Laurel Lance”) and more!
● SUPERGIRL: Melissa Benoist (“Kara Danvers/Supergirl”), Mehcad Brooks (“James Olsen”), Chris Wood (“Mon-El”), and Italia Ricci (“Siobhan Smythe/Silver Banshee”)
● GOTHAM: Robin Lord Taylor (“Oswald Cobblepot/Penguin”), Cory Michael Smith (“Edward Nygma”), David Mazouz (“Bruce Wayne”), Sean Pertwee (“Alfred Pennyworth”), and Drew Powell (“Butch”)
● THE FLASH: Candice Patton (“Iris West”)
● DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW: Brandon Routh (“Ray Palmer/The Atom”), Maisie Richardson-Sellers (“Amaya Jiwe/Vixen”)
It’s truly gratifying to see that the stars and the creators of the shows we all love are branching out to visit fans all over the world. Hopefully the London event will be the first of many international shows. Friends and colleagues who write for DC Comics News and our sister site Dark Knight News have bases in Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the U.K.
Yours truly will be at the London event. I know, It’s a tough job… but I live in London, so have no excuse (he says, tongue firmly in cheek). If you’re also based in the U.K. and are attending, tap me on the shoulder and say hello. I think it’s going to be a truly great experience, and am extremely excited. Hopefully I’ll see you there!
Heroes & Villains Fan Fest May. 27/28, 2017 Location: Olympia London, London Saturday: 10:30 am to 7:00 pm; Sunday: 10:30 am to 5:00 pm
VIP Entry at 9:00 am each day Tickets range from £36 General Admission to £745 for the ultimate experience: http://heroesfanfest.com/london/tickets/
* The guest list is subject to change.