The most dangerously dastardly villain in the DC universe is celebrating a milestone and with the upcoming, THE JOKER 80th Anniversary Super Spectacular fans can take a trip through some of the Clown Prince of Crime’s looks through the decades!
He’s worn many faces through the years, and this harrowing figure of mayhem and chaos has maintained the mystique and privilege of being called the Caped Crusader’s most diabolical nemesis. Now to mark 8 decades of decadence and depravity, DC Comics will honor the Clown Prince of Chaos with his own 100-page, Prestige format, one-shot! The Joker 80th Anniversary Super Spectacular will take a whimsical stroll down memory lane as some of the industry’s most prolific talents take a stab at chronicling The Joker through the years…
Here’s a look at the artist and the Variant Coves including Greg Capullo’s main cover:
The artist line-up to take on The Joker includes:
- 1940s variant cover by Arthur Adams
- 1950s variant cover by David Finch and Steve Firchow
- 1960s variant cover by Francesco Mattina
- 1970s variant cover by Jim Lee and Scott Williams
- 1980s variant cover by Bill Sienkiewicz
- 1990s variant cover by Gabriele Dell’Otto
- 2000s variant cover by Lee Bermejo
- 2010s variant cover by Jock
The Joker 80th Anniversary 100-page Super Spectacular #1 is a 100-page, Prestige format one-shot. The issue hits newsstands on April 29, 2020, and will retail for $9.99.