Who Is Harrison Wells?
Rumors are swelling on the internet as to who Harrison Wells may be.
Some of the more popular theories include:
1. With the recent revelation of his computer Gideon some are speculating that he may be a New God. Specifically the time and space spanning New God known as Metron.
2. H. G. Wells, the famous author of The Time Machine is a theory. Though I don’t believe this to be true, that would make a great tongue in cheek alias for a time traveler!
3. Another one that sprung up recently is Dr. Wells from an old episode of Super Friends “The Elevator to Nowhere”. Dr. Wells tricks Wonder Woman and the Atom into a time machine and sends them to the past. Got to admit, the resemblance is uncanny!
4. Other names mentioned include time traveler Rip Hunter, Waverider, Bart Allen (Impulse), and Booster Gold!
My personal opinion is that Harrison Wells is in fact Hunter Zolomon aka Zoom and here is why!
- Hunter was severely injured in an attack by Gorilla Grodd.
- The injuries left Hunter paralyzed from the waist down and he was confined to a wheelchair.
- Zolomon broke into the Flash museum and attempted to use the Cosmic Treadmill to prevent the attack by Grodd.
- The resulting explosion destroyed the museum and shifted Hunter’s connection to time.
- He believes the mischief he causes is teaching The Flash to be a better hero!
- Early on we see some kind of association that Harrison has with Grodd.
- Harrison is seemingly confined to a wheelchair after the reactor accident.
- Harrison just happens to have a hi-tech treadmill ready for use at Star labs. Cisco refers to it as “The Cosmic Treadmill”
- Harrison has an accident and then appears in Central City to start up Star Labs.
- Harrison initiates the reactor “accident” that causes the metahuman crisis and has orchestrated events to test Barry’s powers.
Hunters power set is interesting as it is time based!
Hunter Zolomon has the ability to alter time relative to himself, as opposed to utilizing the Speed Force like most of the DC Universe speedsters do. He can apparently use this ability to move at “speeds” rivaling those of even Wally West, fastest of the Flashes, and usually, “faster” than the speeds that even Wally can muster in most cases. Since Zoom isn’t actually moving at great superhuman speeds (rather, he is greatly slowing down time relative to himself and can make himself so “fast” that even most of the Flashes look to him to be moving in slow motion, instead.) The temporal nature of his speed allows him to avoid the usual problems encountered by other Flash-type speedsters (friction, seeing and hearing at such near-light speeds, et al), whose automatic and unconscious use of the Speed Force overcomes those problems. As he is moving at a normal velocity, and the rest of the world is “slow”, those hindrances simply do not affect him.
Another theory I have is that Eddie Thawne could be revealed to be Eobald Thawne aka Professor Zoom. Will they stay true to the comics and have him travel back from the 25th century to torment Barry/Flash ? Or, will they substitute Eddie for Malcolm Thawne (Cobalt Blue), Barry’s unknown twin brother?
Oh wait, “A few more miles” (Implying an older version of himself) could Harrison be Malcolm Thawne? Barry’s twin brother from the future known as Cobalt Blue! After all that newspaper he keeps in his secret room is dated ten years from now.
I may have to rethink this! So, what’s your theory?
Please comment and share.
Like us or follow us on:
Source: DC Wiki